Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Preparing for my weekend alone

Well, 
Cameron leaves on Thursday morning for Denver for three days of Widespread Panic concerts at Red Rocks... One of which will be June 26, when Cameron will be turning 26! A full moon, a Panic show at Red Rocks... half of me is glad I'm staying here... the other half is slightly jealous. BECAUSE, in the two years and change that we've been together, I have been turned on to the music of Widespread, and introduced to the whole world of PANIC. Eye opening- yes. Amazing music? YES. And What's Cameron's number one rule? Never miss a Sunday show. So, he'll be back on Monday. :)


On that note, I'm getting prepared for my four days alone. Most of which I intend to be pool-side or if the mood really strikes me, I may head for Santa Monica to lounge on the beach. However, that would require packing a cooler, sandwiches and snacks, sunscreen, towels AND paying $10 to park for the two hours that I would actually last on the beach by myself. 


So, I suppose a trip to Border's Books will be on my to-do list tomorrow or Thursday so that I'll be well prepared for the pool. 


I did manage to get the laundry done today so that he has clean clothes to pack tomorrow. I even offered to pack for him, but he declined. Saying something about how I would leave something out on purpose... (Where he got THAT idea, I haven't a clue! ha!) 


As for everything else, not much change. Heidi and Steven, two dear friends that I met at St. Paul's Lutheran who relocated to the Raleigh area just welcomed their first baby! Cara Brianne Craig was born on Father's day!! I'm still not positive on how they are pronouncing Cara... In my opinion it should be exactly like I say mine... but there are "Cara's" in the world that pronounce it "Car-uh" which unfortunately most every class I have ventured into was what my name turned into during Role Call. 24 years later, I survived. :) I'm SO happy for Heidi and Steven. They are going to be AMAZING parents and I can not WAIT to get my little hands on baby Cara!! (Too bad I'm lacking in the Gap Kids discount department now!) 


Speaking of that discount... My nephew, Keller Allan, to whom the award of "getting the most of Aunt Kara's discount" (Don't worry, niece Morgan is a VERY close 2nd)  goes to, will be turning TWO, I repeat, TWO YEARS OLD July 18. I still can't get over that. I had so much fun seeing him when I went home! He's FULL of energy and I can't get enough of that little redhead! 


I'm off to fold laundry and perhaps head to bed early.. ! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment