Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Saturday Saturday!

Since I've moved to LA, Saturday and Sunday are the days I look forward to the most. Mainly because Cameron works 2 jobs during the day and night Monday-Friday. And on Saturday and Sunday (most of the time) we get to SEE each other. 


I've been "alone" since I left Cameron at the airport at 9:45am Thursday. And much to my relief, I've done quite well on my own in Los Angeles. I wouldn't want to do it all the time, but a few days, no problem. 


 I headed for the subway station that's a few blocks away to travel downtown to NBC4 Alive and Well LA's expo at the convention center. 


Now I really had some low expectations for this health fair expo. Sure they advertised that Mario Lopez and Dr. Robert Rey from E!'s show Dr. 90210 would be there, AND they were having free FREE health screenings. So 1, I thought that it would be full of homeless people. and 2, I figured that the "free stuff" wouldn't be anything that I could ever benefit from. 


BOY WAS I WRONG! I left with THREE reusable shopping bags! TONS of leaflets and brochures about different things, a couple of Breast Cancer Awareness pins for my Aunt Rose Jane, pens for Wayway from the Ovarian Cancer booth, AND I walked away knowing that I did NOT have kidney disease! All for a $1.25 train ticket! 


The kidney disease thing was great. I figured why not? My Dad had kidney failure, but his was due to all of the other crazy medicine he was on for the liver to not be rejected after the transplant. So the test couldn't hurt. Parts of the test were height and weight. Crazy lady nurse said I was 5'4" (WHAT?!?! I think not!) And I had LOST weight since the last time I climbed on a scale when we started working out at the gym. AWESOME! 


I came home, went and sat by the pool (and got in, even though that water is still freezing!) cooked a lasagna, cleaned up, and then settled in to listen to the Widespread Panic show online. Yes, the very same one that Cameron was there live for! It was so great to be able to listen! I love WSP as well. I was even on the WSP chat board (not chatting, just reading) just like Cameron. haha, needless to say he was impressed! 


Tomorrow I am going to sleep in! And finish cleaning. I actually created more of a mess while cleaning up tonight. Get that taken care of tomorrow. 
And I'm sure a visit to the pool will be in the schedule as well. There is NEVER anyone down there. It blows my mind. Great pool, great lounge chairs, and there's a huge wall in front so no one can see you. I love it! And they have tables and chairs and the tables have umbrellas, so It's really great for having lunch or dinner. 


Cameron comes back on Monday afternoon/evening. I think he had a fantastic 26th birthday tonight! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment