Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What part of Butter Biscuit did you not understand?

So, as you all know, I've described a few of the lovely encounters that I've had over the past couple of months while living in Robeson County. 
I went home this past weekend, and my mom mentioned this particular story to me, and I realized that it was blog worthy, and that my amazing Southern friends would really appreciate it. 


October 28, I got up extremely early to take the Praxis I in Fayetteville. My mom had come up the night before and was going with me. We decided to stop at Hardee's on our way out of town to grab something quick for breakfast. 
This Hardee's was a little abnormal from the majority of the others I had been to before... (mainly because it's in Lumberton...) The drive-thru was set up all weird, at the front end of the store, and for it being 7am, there were a ton of people in line. I made the comment that we should have gone inside after waiting 10 minutes.... but it was too late, we had already ordered. Bacon egg and cheese for mom, BUTTER biscuit for me, and a small coke. Finally the car in front of us was at the window and the food had passed from the window and into their car. 5 minutes later, they were still there, TALKING to an employee (perhaps about the weather?) through the window. After realizing that they were holding up the line, they drove off and we were at the window.


Here's where we realized this was a bad mistake... 
1. The total for our 2 biscuits and small drink was almost $7. (I knew that this was wrong)
2. The man at the window wanted to confirm our order, so he said, "You have a Steak and Egg biscuit, a butter biscuit, and small sprite?"
---NO! I told him the correct order, and 5 minutes later we got our bag. 
3. I drive off.... not out of the parking lot (I've learned) I tell mom to check my biscuit to make sure there is butter on the inside of it. 
4. No butter on the BUTTER biscuit. 
.....Excuse me?


That morning I was not in the mood for being messed with. And certainly not with my biscuit. Especially since Hardee's is one of the ONLY places I will eat butter biscuits from. (Chickfila- not in Lumberton, and Biscuitville-Also not in Lumberton). 


I decide to whip into a parking place, grab the biscuit, and march into the place and demand that they give me my BUTTER biscuit. 
I walked in, told the woman that I had ordered a BUTTER biscuit and that the biscuit I received has no butter inside. 
The woman looks at me, and says... "You wanted butter on it?"
....................................................................................................................
ARE YOU KIDDING ME LADY!?!?!?!?! YES I WANTED BUTTER ON MY BUTTER BISCUIT!


After seeing that I was going to be pretty adamant about this whole butter on my biscuit thing, she got me a new one, and I was on my way. 


Just a FYI for those Hardee's employees... when a Southern girl asks for a BUTTER biscuit. Make damn sure that there is butter inside of that biscuit. I would have hated to see my grandma's reaction to that. 


Maybe I've watched a few too many Paula Dean episodes.... but make sure the biscuit is buttered.... Or else. 
:) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment