Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hell week...... I mean, Hello exam week!

I think that colleges came up with "Finals Week" just so the students have a reason to complain about everything and freak out, and stress out more than they have the entire semester.... Because that's exactly what happens. The semester starts out so nice, there's a steady amount of work, and it increases through out the weeks... then all of a sudden, BAM! It's a week before Thanksgiving break and all of your teachers think that writing papers and studying for exams is more important to do than spend time with your family over the holiday. (which, I suppose for some people, it's an excuse to get away from their family!) So then Thanksgiving break happens, which is a welcome break for all (Especially those of us who live in Lumberton...) Thanksgiving break consists of writing papers, doing research for papers, and studying for the upcoming tests. Finals. The word alone can stop a college student dead in their tracks. A week of hell, basically. Late night studying, eating food that the food pyramid would be ashamed of, and drinking more caffeine than any person ever should.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I went home to Wilmington and spent Thursday in Rocky Point with the family... Friday I spent with my mom running around Wilmington in the Black Friday craziness like FOOLS! Saturday I spent 6 hours at Port City Java writing a 15 page paper.... which was exactly what I wanted to do.... NOT! I was entirely too caffeinated once I got back to my mom's... She wasn't real thrilled with the hyper-activity either. (Oh well!)

I came back to Lumberton early Sunday afternoon and worked on another paper and a power point presentation that I had due.... Monday after class I was held hostage in the education lab (computer lab for the education majors) by my friend Mary so that I could help her with all of her papers and study for an exam. Today (well, Tuesday)... was the big day. Two HUGE BIG GIGANTIC ENORMOUS (you get the idea?) papers were due at 2pm, and 5pm. For my 2pm class, I also had to give a presentation. In between, in my 3:15 class, we had our FINAL exam.

Sigh.

Needless to say, at 6:30pm when my last class ended... I could not get to my car fast enough!

Of course, I should have walked a little slower... in a hurry to get to my car, all to go home and write up lesson plans that are due for tomorrow (Wednesday) and start on filling out my study guide for my history final.

6 days left of the semester, 1 exam down, 5 to go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment