Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

If it hit you in the face...

Intrigued? You should be. This is going to be a good one.

This is the subject of my inspiration for my blog post today.

Why? Because I can't turn on my radio, or TV without seeing or hearing them.
I can't get on Facebook because the lovely high school kids I'm friends with are posting about them. And Twitter is BLOWING UP about them.

Yes, they are a boy band.
Yes, I'm sure they are wonderful.
No, I have not heard them sing...
And No, I have no intentions of hearing them.

For the children of today, I have only one thing to tell you:

You wouldn't know a good boy band if one came up and SLAPPED you in your face. 

And I'm NOT just talking about the boy bands of the 1990's. 
Remember the Temptations? They were a "boy band". So was the Jackson 5. 
My favorites were of course, NKOTB (New Kids On The Block), The Backstreet Boys, and NSYNC. 
Around the same time at N*SYNC and the Backstreet boys, came 98 degrees, 5IVE, and others that only had one hit wonders. 

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I listened to the Backstreet Boys first album. But I can tell you that it was more than enough to damage the cassette tape, to where I am positive I convinced my Daddy to get me the CD...! 

I am a huge fan of the Pandora App I have on my phone. It's free. And it plays any type of music you can think of. Since I recently started running, I needed to find some music to listen to while I was running that would keep me pumped up and in the mood to run. And then I found the "Backstreet Boys Radio" station on Pandora. 

BINGO! If a constant stream of music straight out of the late 1990's doesn't get you pumped up, you're crazy! Everybody, Hit me baby one more time, it's gonna be me, you drive me crazy, bye bye bye, genie in a bottle, livin' la vida loca, and others are just a few that have continued to make my runs bearable. Not to mention I'm pretty sure that when the Backstreet Boys are playing, I run a little faster... and probably a little bit sillier. But who cares, I'm running, and that's all that matters. 

Back to my main point... I'm sure these little man-boys are great singers, and I know that all of the late elementary-high school kids (and yes, the mothers of these said children) are head over heels in love with this new boy band. Whatever happened to the Jonas Brothers?


Hell. Whatever happened to the Backstreet Boys? I know they're still out there. Or, couldn't someone convince Justin Timberlake that he needs to orchestrate a N*SYNC reunion? Talk about selling a ton of albums. That right there would do it in a heart beat. Don't you remember New Year's Eve 2 years ago? New Kids On The Block AND the Backstreet Boys preformed? And I was rocking out at home... And then both of those bands went on tour together and made even more money than they already had.

So kids, get on iTunes, and search Backstreet Boys.

Do the research. I guarantee you that their songs are way better than anything this 'One Direction' mess has got going on...

0 comments:

Post a Comment