Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Remember those mastercard commericials?

Remember? They went something like this...

New black heels: $79.00
Fabulous haircut: $49.00
Martini: $9.00
Seeing your ex at a bar while wearing your new black dress? Priceless.

Nothing like that ever happens. But... That's how I'm going to recap.


5 days of working to open the new store: Awesome paycheck tomorrow.
5 hours in a car to and from Raleigh with 3 youth: An awesome TEC meeting/Lock-in
3 days at the elementary school: Kara will be very tired after proctoring for EOG testing
Closing every night this week after proctoring: another great paycheck
Spring semester at UNCP... 3.8 GPA....: PRICELESS! :)

In other words, I did fantastic with school... and I'm actually looking forward to summer school starting because of the classes that I'm taking...
The store is OPEN!!! FIFI downtown is fabulous and I'm loving the girls I'm working with and loving the fact that I actually have a JOB!
I'm proctoring for the EOG (End Of Grade tests) this week for my wonderful 3rd graders at Wrightsboro Elementary... Not thrilled about standing around for that long of a time period... but I'll manage. (although something tells me I should be in bed at this moment and not typing this... good thing I have a late shift at work tomorrow...)

First TEC meeting for TEC #42 was this past Friday/Saturday... Lock-in style... Got to drive up to Raleigh with three of my amazing youth that I taught Sunday school to when they were in 7th grade.
Now one is a Junior in high school, the other two are sophomores. When did I get old?????
These youth for this team are so amazing. I just know that God is going to guide them in the right direction for serving.  And it makes me so, SO proud to have seen them grow into such awesome people. (And to think that perhaps my awesome skills as their Sunday school teacher had some kind of affect on them......maybe?) I'm VERY excited to be in the conference room for this TEC! Back at "home" in a way... although I had an AMAZING wheat room last go around....and the youth wheat director was perfect. (Brandon will shoot me if I don't say something...)
Conference is where I am most comfortable. :)

Anyway, I'm off to bed. :) A very early morning for Kara is coming shortly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment