Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

G-mail makes my life simple

Now, I've tried this blogging thing before, and to my knowledge, the other one I have still exists but I can't remember how to get to it, and if I did, I wouldn't know the username or password. Thus, a new one.
Which actually works better because it's attached to my G-mail account. So as long as I'm on my computer, there's no need to remember usernames or passwords. So it works better for me this way.

I went back home to Wilmington, NC April 27-May 1. Got to see a lot of my family and a few friends. Keri Dawn even came down from Greenville just to see me!! And that was Fabulous! I was totally in need of some girl time. Don't get me wrong, I love living in LA, and Cameron... but I haven't been lucky enough to find my "go to girl" for LA. I loved being able to spend time with my mom, and going shopping! Although we did go a little over board. But, as I have put on several pounds since August 2009, I immediately went through everything I have here in LA and took two huge bags full to Good Will. (Yay me! Good deed!)
After doing that, I actually had room for what my wonderful Mother got me in Wilmington.

The only bad thing that happened on my trip home was losing my Nanny job. Friday mom and I ran to a coffee shop downtown and the phone rang, it was Stacey the mother that I was working for. It went to voicemail and I called back once I got to the car. Apparently they are going through some financial issues and had to let me go. At the time I was perplexed about the situation. 1- the money was amazing, 2- I had applied to Gap Kids here in LA for the same job I had in NC and was hoping to get that after 4 interviews (Including a phone interview with the district manager!) So by the family letting me go, it made the situation easier if I got the job with Gap. However, Gap decided that they didn't want me as a manager in the same job that I had before, but as a sales associate making less money than before and with no guarantee of the amount of hours I would have. So, Cameron and I decided it would be best to look for something else.

Long story short, it's been two weeks and I still have no leads. But the resume has been dusted off and here's to hoping to find SOMETHING!

Andrew, a friend from church that I grew up with came to Visit on Monday and leaves tomorrow. First time to LA and he's loved it!

I really hope I actually keep up with this, this time. Thanks G-mail!

0 comments:

Post a Comment