Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

On a happier note...

I know that the last post from a couple of hours ago was a little sad and unexpected... So I thought I'd blog about my trip home. 

I attend St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Wilmington, and have since I was a baby. Baptized, confirmed, and one day I'll get married there. Some of my best friends have come from St. Paul's. And so many life changing events were because of being a part of this church/youth group. I've been through hell and back with the people there. And they've been there for me through out some of the hardest times in my life. In recent years, I've had the privilege of meeting several new friends that I call my family. I have so many WONDERFUL and AMAZING friends from church. But I saw a post on another friends blog a few weeks ago where she called out a few people that meant a lot to her, and I am going to do the same. And for even more embarrassment, for the ones that do not follow the blog, I'll invite them!  So, here we go!


Norma- I don't remember exactly when I first met Norma, but I'm sure we just clicked. Over the years Norma has been there for me through so much. We've enjoyed many dinners and services on Wednesday nights. And joking about who we should save seats for at "our" table. She lived the apartment buildings down from me when I had my very first apartment. My favorite memory of Norma was when she was my Christ Kindl (secret santa type deal at St. Paul's). I had no idea it was her, and I couldn't make it to the reveal because of work. So she came all the way down to Mayfaire to bring me my final gift. And I think we both cried. She gave me a beautiful Angel that holds a candle. It was a candle to light on December 23, the day my father passed away. That holder traveled with me to each apartment I lived, and even to California. I'll never forget the meaning behind the Angel, or the great friend that gave it to me. 

Allison- I met Allison when I was on church council and was required to go to the New member's class meeting to talk about my role on church council. Allison was in the new members class and was going to be joining two weeks later. I paired up with her, and found that we had SO MUCH in common! She was a teacher, and I wanted to be a teacher. She was crafty, and I tried to be crafty. I decided that I would be her sponsor for the Sunday she would become a New Member of our church. After that, it was all over with! Allison has become the "Big Sis" (as I call her!) that I never had. She is such an amazing person and so motivated and driven to help children. I hope to always be able to call her my big sis! And that our friendship only grows stronger!

and last, but CERTAINLY not least... 

Emily- I'm not even sure where to begin when I think about the story behind Em and I. When I first met her, I had no idea that I would later become part of the Clamser Clan. Em has helped me through so so so many things. She was there when my grandma ann died, and my Dad. Em has provided me with many meals, shoulders for tears, a place to go for comfort, and so much more. I call her Mom. Because to me, that who she is. She's my second mom to whom I'm more than grateful for. (As is my own mother... sometimes I can be hard to handle, crazy to think.. I know). Through out the years, there's been some rough times, but she's always been there. No matter what time of day, where she was, where I was, or what she had to do in order to get to me. And she gave me a second family. 

To the three of you wonderful St. Paul's people, I love you and I hope you know that. And how much you mean to me. 

I may have to do this again... I might start to feel guilty if I don't talk about other wonderful people in my life. Especially from TEC (Teens Encounter Christ) and my wonderful best friends in general. We'll see what tomorrow's blogging holds! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment