Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

First week back- The re-cap

What a week (and a few days) it has been! I flew into RDU July 22 and I don't think I've stopped since.

First, I had Friday through Monday to go and see various friends and family that I hadn't seen since April. Which was awesome. Including my 2 year old little man nephew. He is so FUNNY! He almost had a heart attack when I walked in, and said "Aunt Kawa" about 500000 times. (Roughly). We had a great visit.

Tuesday, my things from California arrived on the moving truck at SEVEN FORTY FIVE IN THE MORNING! My sleeping schedule is still messed up from the time change... and Tuesday REALLY messed me up. But, I got through almost all of the boxes that morning and afternoon. I had rearranged my room the day before and I just really needed to unpack and place things where I wanted them. Cameron also has a nice box that I get to mail him next week. It's full of things that I took that I thought were mine... Oops! But, that's what he gets for not supervising my packing.

Wednesday there was more unpacking and shopping at Target for organizational items. I have a very VERY small room so finding places for things can sometimes be tricky. Cameron actually came into Wilmington on Wednesday to see his brother and some friends. He came by and saw me for about an hour and a half. It was great seeing him. In a way I think we both needed that.

Thursday my car arrived. In a torrential down pour of rain. Seriously, I have not seen that much rain since January. I came from the land of LA. No rain. Mom and I left to go meet the guy in the mall parking lot, the trailer was so huge that we had to meet there. Even just walking from our porch to the car at the house, we were soaked. Standing outside under a crappy umbrella, in rain that was getting all Forrest Gump on us and going in ALL directions, we ended up coming home, changing, and walking back outside to NO RAIN and BLUE SKIES. ughh I was not happy. But I was THRILLED to be able to drive MY car. Friday mom and I spent all day dealing with car issues. By this, I mean going to Burgaw for an inspection... finding out that I didn't needed inspected until November. Drive back to Wilmington to go to the insurance place to get new insurance in my name. (Mom switched the title of the car to my name, and I had insurance in Cali) Got the insurance and went to the DMV (because now that the car is in MY name, of course I have to have new tags- great- I JUST learned the old license tag number.) Get to the DMV and what do you know, I DO have to have the car inspected because the last time it was inspected was under Mom's name. I have to have it done under MY name. Lovely. This is at 3:30pm- DMV closes at 5. Luckily there was a auto shop directly across the street, so we went there, got it inspected, back to the DMV and BAM, new tags. But at least that was finally done, and we don't have to worry about it again.

Tonight was a huge surprise birthday party for one of my best friends (Marcus) his dad. His Dad was just told that he had 2 inoperable brain tumors last month, and had already undergone a lung removal and chemotherapy for Lung cancer earlier this year. He had NO clue about the party. It was such a great time. (And food!)

I'm really excited about the upcoming weeks. I have a couple of trips planned into one 4-5 day stent across NC. I'll be heading to Pilot Mountain to see best friend Keri and her family August 10-13. The 13th I'm heading to Asheboro to see Dora (Cameron's mom, but there's no way I'm letting her out of my life. She's just too AWESOME). The 14th I'm heading back home and stopping to visit friends Steven and Heidi near Fuquay to see them and their new precious daughter, Cara! (Pronounced like my  name, just with a C, and I can overlook the C as long as it's pronounced the Correct way!) Then home that night to celebrate my cousin Sarah's 22nd birthday. She moves to London in less than a month to start graduate school. (Although, to me she is still the sweet little pest that bothered the heck out of me, and strived to be just like me... luckily she's her own amazing person now!)

That's all for now. It's late, and I have to be at the 9am service in the morning! (Hopefully!)

But, as I'm sure you have gathered, I have had a productive first week and few days back Home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment