Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

School days, School days, dear old golden rule days...

For my official blog announcement, as of Friday August 13th I am a JUNIOR in college! I was accepted to the University of North Carolina at Pembroke! 

I also have a new apartment in Lumberton. Which is about 15 minutes away from Pembroke. It's a very cute little townhouse. 2 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms. My family and a couple of friends came up on Sunday and helped me to move everything in and Mom stayed until this morning to help me organize and decorate! And everything in finally coming together! 

On another note, classes start TOMORROW! I'm taking 13 hours and that equals 6 classes. 5 education classes, and 1 history. I declared elementary education (K-6) as my major and I will also be getting a minor in History. Which means after graduating and taking the Praxis 2 in History and passing it, I could be eligible to teach history/social studies in grades 6-12! So, more job opportunities after graduation! 

I'm SUPER EXCITED about starting classes tomorrow. I'm finally feeling so ready to get into this new part of my life. And I love having the support of my friends and family behind me. Especially Cameron. Although we're no longer a couple, he's still a big part of my life. And he's been so encouraging through out this whole process. Along with my mom, thanks to her I have a place to live! :)

I'll be sure to update about all of my classes sometime this week or next. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment