Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Spring Semester: 2012

Classes have started here at UNC Pembroke, and the semester is off and running- FULL SPEED AHEAD.

I am lucky to have only 13 credit hours, which breaks down to 4 classes this semester. I have 3 education classes, and one history. Here's the breakdown...
ELE 2030- Arts Integration for Elementary Schools (involves music, art, drama, dance...etc.)
ELE 4030- Living in a Global Society (this is basically how to teach elementary Social Studies)
EDN 2900- Research and Writing for Education (resumes, grants, research, blogs!, etc)
HST 4300- The History of Nazi Germany (wait for it.... I AM SO EXCITED!)

Okay, yes, my education classes won't be too crazy this semester, and I don't have too heavy of a work load.. but can I just tell you all how genuinely excited I am about that Nazi Germany history class? I LOVE that time period in history. And not even from the American standpoint, but from that of Germany. So many things were going on during that time, and yes, most of the things that happened were terrible, but it's always interested me. Perhaps because my Daddy loved World War II and had hundreds (yes, hundreds) of books about WWII, Hitler, the SS, etc. My teacher today called the History Channel the "Hitler" Channel. (it was a great joke in the class..) and it's true! Half of what comes on the history channel is about Hitler, the war, Holocaust, or the Third Reich.

So, yes, I'm actually excited for this semester. I'm in education classes with people I don't know that well, (except for Mary) because all of my closest friends are doing their internship student teaching this semester. That is going to take sometime to get used to. It's hard to go into the curriculum lab in the education building and not see 10 people you know. Or be able to complain about a teacher or an assignment to someone that actually understands it.

As far as everything else in my life...
This Friday I'll be leaving for Fuquay-Varina for my last TEC weekend until after I graduate and have a job. STW TEC#43 is going to be amazing. There are so many youth on team, as well as adults, that have dedicated the past 4 months to making preparations for this weekend. And I can NOT wait until I get to see this weekend start rolling into action! I'll be sure to post about that once I'm back... I believe I've mentioned TEC on this blog before and how much of my life I've spent doing TEC weekends and all that. But just to reiterate my point, TEC changed my life 11.5 years ago, and I will never really be able to let it go. Which is why I'm calling my absence from the next few team a hiatus... meaning, I will be back. Once a public school system decides to hire me. :)

That's all I've got for now...


0 comments:

Post a Comment