Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Greensboro bound!

Tomorrow morning I am headed to Greensboro for the day/night to see Justine, one of my best friends! Saturday I'll be in Raleigh for the day for a TEC meeting, then back home in Wilmington that night! 


I'm going to Greensboro for a few given reasons... to see my best friend and spend time with her, obviously. I hope that I'll be catching up with an old friend, Ben, that I used to work with at Gap while I'm there as well. And... drummer-al please, meet Justine's boyfriend, Matt. 


Unfortunately, for Matt, he has no idea what he is getting himself into. Yes, Justine is a wonderful person... and Katy, her mom, has approved of Matt, so it's just a matter of Matt meeting me. Which he seems pretty excited about... Oh if he only knew. You see, Justine and I have known each other since 2001. That's 9 years. We've been best friends, since our senior year of high school (2004). That's 6 years. We were roommates our first year of college... and have been through SO much together since then. You name it, it's happened... boyfriends, family problems, medical problems, springbreaks, school, me moving across the country, death, losing friendships with other friends, and did I mention boyfriends? Because Justine always has interesting boy drama. :-D (Love you J!) 


Justine and I haven't lived in the same city since we were both at UNC-Greensboro our first year. I've been in Wilmington, Los Angeles, and now Lumberton since then! I'm not really sure what I would do without her, and she would say the same for me. (she better...) 


So, needless to say, with such a long history between the two of us, Justine and I have a very interesting friendship. And the way we act when we are together always seems to resort back to freshman year of college. Telling insane stories of all the crazy things we did (especially on each other!), remembering all the boys we had crushes on, and who dated who... (that's another interesting fact about Justine and I... we have 2 ex's in common.. no worries, though. We each dated them at different times!) 


So, I feel bad for Matt. Justine has tried to prepare him for what meeting me will be like. And for what he should expect of my stellar personality. Some say I'm sarcastic... (who would have guessed?) and I can be pretty abrupt about some things... And as I said before.. Justine and I can get pretty crazy when we're around each other. 


I'm very eager and excited to meet Matt! And, all I'm going to say is that, at least he is a DUKE fan... This girl can handle that! :-D


Let the crazy reunion in the 'Boro commence! (And, say a Prayer for Matt...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment