Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Greensboro Survived!

Well, Greensboro survived Justine and I getting together for another time! That city must have built up a big tolerance when we lived there for our freshman year of college... Or, perhaps we're just more grown up and mature than we were back then.... (Opinions of a certain mother that may read this blog are not welcome...)

I mentioned before that I was also going to be able to meet Matt, Justine's boyfriend while I was there. The three of us got to go out for dinner to Monterey, a Mexican restaurant in Greensboro. (It was really good!) Matt was already a little higher on my scale than others because he's  a Duke fan. So, +5 for him. Although I did take away a few points for him telling me that if Carolina was playing outside of the ACC he would route for them... To each their own, but, not a true Duke fan in my book. (I mean honestly, do you think that there are ANY Tarhole, I mean, Tarheel fans that route for Duke when they play outside the ACC...? NO!) The fact that he has a good sense of humor added another +5. And he puts up with Justine, so that's like +200 at least! haha, but he seems like a really great guy, and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better.

Saturday morning I was up SUPER early against my will to drive from Greensboro to Raleigh for a TEC meeting. Which went great, and I must brag about my Wheat team... this group of youth/older youth (use the term older in whatever way you wish, I'm not going to get in trouble...) has to be the most productive group I've ever seen! We have gotten SOO much accomplished for the weekend in January already! They just don't stop! And it's so awesome and amazing to see the bonds that are forming with the youth as well. That's one of my favorite aspects of TEC. The friendships. They last a lifetime.

We did have to shorten our meeting today, everyone got away early because it started SNOWING in Raleigh and had been snowing further west where a big hunk of our team had come from. So we didn't want anyone taking chances on getting home safely... So I got to drive all the way back to Wilmington in Snow (Raleigh), Sleet (until exit 364 on I-40) and rain until I got into my driveway. I've never liked driving in rain.. who does? It's not fun, and it scares me... and I especially hate driving in the rain while it's DARK. And on a highway. Needless to say I was happy when I pulled into the driveway!

Going to church tomorrow, and then I'm going to get started on all my baking and candy making for Christmas! And finish up the last minute craft needs for some of my Christmas presents. Living on student loans and mama's money makes for a slim Christmas for friends/family this year! But, it's handmade/baked by me, so at least it's from the heart! Hope you all have a wonderful and merry Christmas if I don't get to blog before then, although with some of the things that will happen this week, I'm sure that I'll be able to get a post in at some point!

0 comments:

Post a Comment