Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Praxis I, Round 2.

If I ever have a chance to be part of a school reform movement, I will gladly make a stand for students having to take a standardized test to be accepted into a teaching program at a university. 


1. Math and Kara are not friends. We never have been, and we never will be. It's just the type of relationship that will never work... 
2. I have ADD. Yes, I have meds, but it's still hard for me to test for long periods because of it. 
3. STANDARDIZED TESTS ARE STUPID!!!!!


Okay. Sorry, I just needed to get that out... Now, My second attempt with the Praxis I (entrance exam needed to be placed into the school of education for NC)... was today at 9am. 


Monday morning at 9am... what was I thinking? So, I went. 


Results:
Math- up one point
Reading- up six points
Writing---didn't retake writing, but I passed it the first time... 
What does all this mean? It means, with my scores totaled, I missed the 522 mark (what I need to get into the program) by TWO FREAKING POINTS.


ARE YOU KIDDING ME PRAXIS??? Not happy. 


After I was finished, the test administer suggested that I retake the Writing portion in hopes that I could bring up my score on that part. By doing this, I basically forget about the writing score I had before, and by doing that, I needed to pass the Writing by 4 points to make up for what I lacked in the Math department. So, the center I took the test in had an opening today and I went ahead and was able to take the writing as well... Math and Reading scores are given immediately because it is computer based... I have to wait a couple of weeks for the Writing to come back. 


All while thinking happy thoughts, saying lots and lots of prayers, and perhaps brushing up on my Harry Potter spells... 


So think good thoughts! I'll be sure to keep the blog updated once I know the final results. If I pass, I'll be interviewing with the School of Education once I get back for the start of the upcoming semester. The day classes start... nothing like the last minute! And if I don't pass, I'll be changing my ENTIRE schedule and will be there an extra semester. 


I feel really good about the test this time as a whole though... and if you read this blog: Butter Biscuit then you would know how the morning went of the first time I took the Praxis... 


This time is was sooo much better.......






There was butter ON my biscuit. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment