Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Seriously considering....

Some people may not know this about me... but, I LOVE to write. And sometimes it's a little sickening...
For example: I have a persuasive position paper to write about which approach to literacy that I think is the best for the classroom. I am excited to write this paper.  (I'll wait here, those of you who I just made sick may go take care of that, and return. I'll be here...)

Another thing that I love? Sweet tea.
I know. I'm from the South, I'm supposed to love Sweet tea. Right. Well, take the "Normal" amount of love for Sweet tea, and times that by about a million, and BINGO... That's my love of sweet tea. When I moved to Los Angeles, I was more happy about the fact that McDonald's had just introduced the Fabulous $1 Sweet Tea to it's West Coast customers than I was about finally being out there with Cameron. (Okay, maybe that's a little much, but I was super excited).

So, what can a girl do with a love of writing and sweet tea you ask?
Well, for starters, I'm going to go refill my brand new Tervis Tumbler (Duke Blue Devil edition) with more tea... and THEN... I'm going to start taking notes on writing a book about Sweet Tea.
A Celia Rivenbark type, if you will, "Southern style humor"
I know what you're thinking, and seriously.. I have it ALL figured out. I even have notes written already from a breakfast discussion with my mom a few weeks ago.

Picture it:
People in the south can be summed up in few words.
And to me, the holy trinity of the south is a tall glass, the perfect ice, and sweet tea. (....Maybe I should look into therapy...)
Anyway, There are certain "do's and don'ts" of sweet tea... (e.g.- If you despise lemon, you get freakishly upset if the nice waiter at the restaurant "forgets" that you specifically said "NO LEMON IN MY TEA."....etc.)

I would go over the different types of glasses that are best for sweet tea... discuss how important ice is, and the importance of TO GO CUPS of sweet tea from restaurants. And perhaps if you think To Go cups are a little unnecessary (or embarrass easily when people ask for them) I may be able to talk you into it. (Dora, There is hope!!!)

Or, maybe you think that this obsession of sweet tea and "the people" that drink it are crazy.
Well, maybe I think that people that DON'T drink sweet tea, are crazy and should be shipped to Iceland to live. (There's a Tetley Tea Coupon in the circular this week, for anyone that's now interested...)

I know it's a long shot... and with everything I have going on now, I'm going to think of it as a side project... (like everything in my craft room at this moment)
But this is truly something I would love to do. And I personally think it would sell like snow cones on a hot day.

I've just got to think of a title for the book... then I'm ready to go.
Now back to Tervis... he seems to be empty again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment