Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Half way there....

Well well well... I'm half way finished with my Junior year of COLLEGE.
That's right. This fall I will be a SENIOR... Ahhhh if feels so wonderful to say! The last time I was a senior, I was 18, ready to be the heck out of Wilmington, and more concerned with my friends than on school.

Honestly though, who wasn't like that at 18?
Oh, right. My mother. :) (Love you mama!)

March 29 begins registration for Summer 2011 and Fall 2011 classes. Thanks to UNCP's wonderful scheduling system, none of the days or times are up with the classes... I'm hoping that gets fixed ASAP. I'm the kind of person that plans out different versions of a schedule so that when I go to register I won't be disappointed if I can't get a certain class and have to take it at another time. (Yes, I know, OCD... yadda yadda).

Other than that... classes this semester are sailing along... sometimes smoothly. Sometimes I don't even know what's going on in a couple of them because the teacher has never really set out due dates for our assignments... but hey, whatever. It will all be in my portfolio which I'm told that's all that matters.

Midterms are over as of today! Thank goodness. And now it's 2 weeks and one month until this semester is over! Which means: Lots of lesson planning, frield experience, paper writing, game making, lesson planning, teaching lessons, paper writing, reading, did I mention lesson planning?

You get the idea. But, I'm loving it. I taught my first lesson on Monday and if it was possible to love a job even more than I did before, I think I do. I just feel so at ease in the classroom, and the way those 3rd graders responded to the story was amazing. Although the best part was when this:

This one little boy raised his hand (we'll call him Tommy) and...
Me: Yes Tommy?
Tommy: My mom has those same shoes. She got them at Target yesterday.
Me: Well that's wonderful. These shoes are great, and very comfortable. (YEAH FREAKING RIGHT. I was wearing 3 inch heals. I did it to look cute....anyway)
Tommy: Well... they're not the same color as my moms. Hers are brown. So I guess they aren't really the exact same.
Me: That's okay, I understand.
Tommy: Plus, my mom's legs don't look as great in them as yours do.
Me: Thank you Tommy...

I'll admit, this was better than having my pants un zipped in front of the whole class like last year. But still. Kids.

They'll say anything.
And, I guess taking the stairs at school is doing me some good... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment