Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

A weekend Adventure

Well, it's Friday and I'm in Lumberton... WHAT? I know, I'm usually sitting at dinner with mom by now on a "normal" Friday... but, alas, I'm going on a weekend adventure tomorrow!
Tomorrow I'm heading to Raleigh for the first leadership team meeting for STW TEC#42! I recently accepted the call to serve on another weekend. TEC is very near and dear to my heart... and I feel like I owe TEC my life. It's helped me through so many dark times in my life, and I've met some of (some of? no, they are...) AMAZING people because of TEC. So our first meeting is on Saturday so I'm headed there tomorrow morning. And I'm very excited to see some of the people that will be serving along with me... some of them I haven't

Then, after the meeting I'm heading to Asheboro to see Dora! Which I am VERY excited about!! I was able to pass through on my way back from Charlotte over the weekend of my birthday but I really haven't seen Dora since October! And we get to sit around and talk about teaching and education... boring? To you maybe!! But it's going to be a wonderfully entertaining night together.

AND... not to mention I'll be forcing her to take me to Sir Pizza for dinner. Okay, forcing is a bit much, I know... But seriously, you can't even begin to understand how amazing this food is until you've tasted it yourself. Believe me, I was once one of "Those" people. When I went with Cameron to meet his parents after we had been dating for a while, he took me there for lunch one day. And, I'm a pizza lover, but this has got crack in it, or something... it's just SOOO good. And their Sweet Tea?? FORGET IT!!!! Delicious. All around. And if you're lucky to have a leftover box (Cameron and I never did... but I get to this time I hope!) You have to make sure your name is on it in the house of the Potts. Or else the little brother (KENDALL) may get into it. Even though he'll swear he didn't do it, all while wearing a sneaky little smirk on his face. (That's when You calmly tell him you'll never do anything for him again-it works, trust me!)

I'm very excited to see who all is serving on TEC, excited to see Dora and talk the teacher talk, and even more excited for some ham and pineapple Sir Pizza and Sweet Tea!!!

And whatever you do.... and no matter what the person thinks that you are with (Cameron)... Don't you DARE forget that TO-GO cup of SWEET TEA!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment