Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

See what happened was...

Okay, so I was going through my phone the other day, deleting old emails, text messages and pictures that my phone took of itself or somehow I managed to take of my purse... And I came across a "Note" (aka sticky note application on the iPhone) and it read:
"Class of 2004 transcripts are not in the computer system."
I laughed. Then for the next 5 minutes I tried to remember why I had put that in a note.
Oh, that's right... It's dated August 11, 2010. 2 days before I was accepted to UNCP which means I was in the middle of fighting with New Hanover High School guidance system to get a copy of my transcript. Obviously, it all worked out... But the lovely lady (more like incredibly rude) in the guidance office told me that I would not be able to get a copy of my transcript because any transcripts before 2005 were not in the computer system.

Okay, I'm not ancient or over a hundred or anything, but for some reason this still offended me. Why 2005? What was so spectacular about that graduating class that you would start the new computer system with them? (And it was nothing really, I knew a bunch of those kids and '04 really was where it was at...). I know that it was just probably when they received the program. But it was all in the way the lady said it. Like 2004 was 30 years ago or something. It wasn't like my mom was asking for her high school transcript... Which, in case you were wondering, transcripts from her high school days are now kept at a satellite location downtown. (That info was on the transcript request form I had to fill out)

Anyway. I know I had done a blog before about the NOW Music tapes/cds/ 8 tracks... whatever. So I thought that this played along nicely. I'm not going to stop and post another new entry on what's going on in my life... perhaps most people reading this would actually care more about that than the fact that 2004 transcripts are just so old.

0 comments:

Post a Comment