Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Feeling Nostalgic

I'm normally not one to just sit around and dwell on things from my past... However, for some reason tonight, I'm feeling especially nostalgic. Perhaps it's because the cool spring like weather the other night made me think about my Grandma Ann... on nights like that she would call our house to talk to me and tell me that if she could, she would get a bucket and fill it with that cool, crisp air and put it in her bed. I walked outside Sunday night and it was as if a train hit me... that same cool, crisp air was there. I swear I had not thought about that in the years since she passed away. It's crazy to think that it will be 6 years since then, this coming June. She was certainly in charge of the weather the other night. I believe that with all my heart. 


But there are other things that I remember... and not just about her. I remember almost all of the call numbers that my Daddy had while working at the Sheriff's department.. like A-10 or U-15... Unit 11 was the last number that he had. I even remember the phone number my Dad had to the FIRST cell phone that he got from the Sheriff's Department... (and, might I add, that it was a bag phone, and only the Sergeants had them, and when the shift changed, the phone was carried out of the one car, and delivered to the next Sgt.'s desk...) 


I distinctly remember my 2nd birthday party. I had an Alf ice cream cake, and the party was at my grandma Wayway's house... everyone was there, the whole family. Except, mom and dad. They were in Richmond, VA preparing for my dad to hopefully receive a liver transplant. (And, 3 days later, on my Mom's birthday, he did). 


I remember how I felt the first day of 6th grade, the first time I ever went to TEC, the day that I turned 16 (at TEC!), how I felt walking across the stage to receive my high school diploma, and so many other things. 


I'm sure that many other people can remember things like this too... but I just wanted to get the feeling out in text... I do better that way. :)


Anyway, school is going really well... Spring Break is next week! Whooo hooo! Ready for doing NOTHING and hanging out with some friends and family... 


And... I'm going to be an AUNT to twins this summer! (as I said in a previous entry) 
..........................................
I'm VERY HAPPY and PROUD to say that I will be an Aunt to:
Baby BOY; Tucker
AND................
Baby GIRL!!!; Iris!!!!


Mom and babies are doing great! Big Brother Keller is precious and amazing as always! Looking forward to spending time with him over the break as well. Can't wait until I can post pictures and all that good stuff! Come on July!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment