Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Explanation

That last post is going to sound weird to some of you without an explanation. To my mom and Dora Potts, it won't be weird. Because they're teachers, and they'll understand. (Yes, I said teachers. As in present tense, because Dora, you are still a teacher, and mom- you'll ALWAYS be a teacher).

So, I joined the NCAEE (North Carolina Association of Elementary Educators) a while ago and then found out that their annual conference was going to be in Raleigh the same weekend that I was going to be in Raleigh for some TEC stuff. So, I asked my wonderful mother if I could go (aka, will you pay for it, and the hotel?) and she said yes. Although I did have to say, "Mom, Ron Clark is going to be speaking there. I have to go. I HAVE TO." But I didn't throw a fit, so at least I spared her from that :)

Anyway, I ended up at this conference. At 1pm today (Sunday) Ron Clark bounded through the conference hall and lept onto the stage and proceeded to talk to us for the next hour and a half. And he didn't just stand that. He bounced around, practically flew through the audience and kept us laughing and sometimes almost crying the entire time.

So the previous post was a thank you of sorts to Ron Clark for what I learned today, and what I saw in his movie. Another day at the conference tomorrow, then back to Lumberton for my recent american history midterm... Classes Tuesday, and then home for fall break.

Although... I'm not sure that my professors realized that it IS actually Fall break because I seem to have more work than a break should really require. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment