Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Post Mid terms

Now that midterms are over and the semester is coming to a close (very quickly, might I add) I thought that I would perhaps update all you lovely people (or 4) that read this. (5, including my mom).

Midterms= almost as terrible as final exam week. Except that this semester midterms for me stretched over 2 weeks and were incredibly hard and tedious.

I just started my field experience for this semester at Pembroke Elementary. It's literally half a mile from campus, so the days that I go to observe/teach I head back over to campus for a few hours and catch up on work or go to class. I was really happy with that placement. And not to mention the teacher that I have is amazing and is making me realize that 1st grade is fun... and very challenging. I'm currently working with a small group of girls that are extremely far behind (that's putting it mildly and nicely). But I can't say how rewarding it was to go into the class today and have those girls practically fighting with the other kids because they couldn't wait to work with me.

Or the accomplishment and smile from one of my girls when they sounded out a word, without my help, and pronounced it the right way and remembered it 5 minutes later. (It's truly the little things in a teacher's life that make the biggest difference).

Tomorrow night is a HUGE night for those of us in Math&Science 2 ... It's Family Math Night at Union Elementary! We're in groups and we've based our night on a trip around the world and the students and parents will get a passport when they arrive and will travel to the 7 continents and the different continents will all focus on a different math skill. Needless to say we're all VERY ready for this to start tomorrow and for it to go well and to be over with!

And... the best news as of today is that I register for my LAST SEMESTER OF CLASSES on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Insert huge sigh of relief... HERE).

I'll be taking 13 hours next semester, and NO summer school!!!! Then I'll be starting my internship (student teaching) next August! And then, Graduation HERE I COME. It seems so far in the future in some ways... but in other ways, I feel like it's happening tomorrow.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm off to bed. I've got a super long and busy day tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment